I am offering a swimwear design and construction intensive course for teens on Fridays in June 9, 16, 23, and 30 from 4:15-5:30pm; $175. This class will be limited to six students. They will finish with a bikini or tankini (of course!) that they will be proud to wear and of course look great in!
- How to prep, cut, and mark stretch fabrics.
- Specialty stitches, seams, and edge finishes for sewing swimwear.
- How to handle stretch fabrics to ensure they keep their shape while you’re sewing.
- Elastic application.
- Use of studio equipment and tools. If you prefer to work on your own sewing machine, you are welcome to bring it.
- All fabric, notions and findings
Skills needed to take this class include…
- Experience setting up, operating, and troubleshooting sewing machines.
- Experience sewing straight seams. Experience sewing curved seams is helpful.
- A general understanding of sewing patterns.
- This class is designed for an advanced-beginner to intermediate level sewer.
Are you an absolute beginner who is interested in taking this class? We’d love to have you! Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can take this class.